Sweet and Sour Meatballs over Rice7/30/2009
(I used a nice pre-made meatball for this recipe.)
1 Package of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice (Microwave Pack)
1 Sliced Green Pepper
1/2 an Onion - cut into medium strips
Sauce:1 small can Crushed Pineapple w/ juice
1/2 c. Pineapple Tidbits
1/2 c. Grape Jelly
1/2 c. Ketchup
Dash of Hot Sauce
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
Dash of Nutmeg and Allspice
- Mix your sauce and warm over med-low heat.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Saute the peppers and onions.
- Microwave the Whole Grain Brown Rice (Per Package Instructions)
- Serve by layering the rice with the peppers and onions and top with meatballs and sauce.